Thursday, May 16, 2013

Washington Day 4 Pt. I

Monday was finally here! The day that Chris and I been planning for for so long!

    We got up at 4:30 and were on the road down to Seattle by 5am! We took the hour ride down to Seattle. Once we got there, we started looking for the Original Starbucks. We drove around down town Seattle for about 20ish minutes looking for Starbucks so we pulled into a parking spot by the Pikes Place Market and gave up. As we got out of the car, we were facing the Original Starbucks! We walked in to those cozy coffee shop! The worker woman was very perky for that early the morning. She took our orders and then asked how Chris and I got to be together. Chris told her our story and it pretty much made her day. She said she was going to make our coffees extra special now :)

    Once we got our coffees, we walked down to this corner longue area and happily sipped our coffees. After we finished our coffees, we walked over to Target City. It was the greatest Target store I'd ever been to in my life. We were wandering through the movie section, when Chris decided he was going to buy me a movie. He knew how much I loved "Pitch Perfect" from the other day, so I am now the proud owner of that movie:) Then we realized that this store had wifi, so we hooked up to the wifi, and I logged into my Skype and Chris and I were able to Skype with my mom, sister, brothers and dogs for awhile! It was super awesome to have been able to do that! I know they were pretty excited about it too :)

     Following our Target City adventure, we walked over to Pikes Place Market, a super busy farmers market in Seattle. It attracts so many tourists every year! It was such a lively place! Everyone there was so loud! But very friendly! One of the vendors stopped us and made us try a chocolate noodle. It was an actual noodle with a chocolate taste to it.....he assured me that by eating this my day would be made so much better....yeah he lied. It was so nasty! We kept walking around the market, we walked out onto this balcony which overlooked Puget Sound, it was so fun!

     After our wandering about in Pikes Place, we went back out do downtown and walked through the stores there. We went into a BUNCH of sports stores. While we were wandering through the store, my dad called me and asked how my trip was going and told me about his trip with my brother, Jeremiah in Chicago!

    By this time is was close to 11am, we got back to his car because we had a reservation for lunch at 12. So we hopped in his car and took off....

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment